Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
This review is SPOILER FREE (the plot will not be talked about except in the summary, if you have not read the first 2 books, The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, don't read this review! Although I'm sure everyone has already finished this series :P)


Summary
Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding. (Summary from Goodreads)

Review
This book left me flabbergasted. I just stared at the book long after I finished it reflecting on what I just read.


I was skeptical reading this book. For starters I LOVED the first two books and as I have a habit of saving the best books for last, a few other books were read between the span that I read Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Secondly, I was hearing bad reviews on this book from friends and the general public. I don't get why people were so disappointed in the book especially the ending because I thought this book was AMAZING all the way. But I have to agree there are still some loose ends. 


In my opinion, this was the most action packed book out of the entire series, it may even be my favorite (can't decide between this and Catching Fire). However, I found this book to be the most violent and gory out of the series. Days and hours just blurred as I couldn't stop flipping the pages of this addicting book! I even found myself up until 3 a.m. The writing in this book was amazing! This series was so well written because events in all three books were cleverly connected with one another which shows that the series was very well planned out.


I can't believe it's over now...I think I might find myself just thinking about this book for the next few days :P I can't wait for the movie now! I'll be counting down the days! :D


Rating
✰ 5 stars - Digest it and eat it again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment