Friday, June 1, 2012

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

UnearthlyTitle: Unearthly
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: January 4th 2011
Age Group: Young Adult
Rating: ♥♥♥♥ [4]
Source: Bought
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she’s part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there’s another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara’s less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she’d have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

I picked up Unearthly because I was looking for a good Angel book and because of the gorgeous cover. I'm really in love with the whole idea of guardian angels and I after reading Unearthly I can't wait to get my hands on more!

This book was wonderful! Cynthia Hand's writing style was spot on. I never got tired of reading this book and I found myself constantly picking up my Kindle again and again because I had to know more. This book in short is addictive.

My favorite character was...Tucker! He is such a gentleman and a real down to earth kinda guy. I LOVED the romance between Clara and Tucker. It was so refreshing and real. I found myself smiling like a dork a lot during the Clara and Tucker moments. I wish we had gotten to know Christian more because it seems as though he was just a side character instead of a main character and there are still lots of mystery surrounding him waiting to be solved (hopefully in the next book). The setting was amazing too! I really have to visit Wyoming one day..

There was a steady pacing throughout but it fell apart towards the end. The ending was so abrupt that it made it obvious that Unearthly was a series. I think that in series each book needs to at least be partially wrapped up. The ending didn't elaborate on anything that happened during the book and nothing was really solved. I guess this makes me want to pick up the second book even more!

Overall, a great start to the series! And I'll definitely pick up the second book Hallowed. 


-Quote-
"I'm looking at you. Why are you always trying to hide how pretty you are?" (307) Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
I really need to get my hands on more Angel books!

-Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment